Everything You Need To Know About Destiny’s Private Matches , explained by Lars Bakken with GameInformer
You’ll be in control – even if you choose not to play Control.
Choose your game mode.
With the release of Destiny: Rise of Iron, all Destiny players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox ONE will receive the ability to create and play Private Matches.
Private Matches allow players to create their own lobby to play Crucible Game Types. The Fireteam leader who creates this lobby will be able to choose from a series of pre-selected options to assemble a match with the settings of their choosing.
Private Match Director Icon
This is where the Fireteam leader of the Private Match lobby creates the Private Match that will be played. Options that may be selected are:
- This selector determines which Crucible mode will be played during the Private Match.
- All players in a Private Match lobby must own Destiny: Rise of Iron before Supremacy Game Types can be played.
- This selector determines which arena the Private Match will be held in.
- All players in a Private Match lobby must own Destiny: Rise of Iron before the Floating Gardens, Icarus, Last Exit, or Skyline Maps can be played.
- Sector 618 and Icarus are only available to players on PlayStation 4.
- This selector determines at what point threshold the Private Match will end, and players will be returned to Orbit.
- This selector becomes “Match Score Limit” when the Elimination Game Type is chosen. This setting will then determine the number of rounds that a team needs to win in order to complete an Elimination match.
- This selector determines the time by which the Private Match will end if the Score Limit is not met.
- This selector becomes “Round Time Limit” when the Elimination Game Type is chosen. This setting will then determine the time limit for each individual round in an Elimination match, not for the overall game.
- This selector determines whether or not a Private Match will be Level Advantage Enabled or Disabled.
In addition to these Game Options, the following options will only be available determined by the currently selected Map.
TIME OF DAY
- This selector will determine the ambient lighting of the selected Map.
- This selector will determine whether or not vehicles will appear on the selected Map.
- This option does not affect Turrets, or the ability to summon Sparrows.
Once all desired Game Options have been selected, press Launch to begin the Private Match.
While all players will have the ability to create and play Private Matches, players who do not own Destiny: Rise of Iron will not be able to play Supremacy game types, as well as access the Floating Gardens, Icarus, Last Exit, or Skyline Crucible Maps. source
while we wait you can watch this fine piece of art/music/video from a group of loyal Guardians